Hi, I’m Kimberly author, blogger, and writer. My love for books and the community that I share with fellow authors and readers was the impetus for my starting Books Uplift. But I also wanted to create a space celebrating the wonderful ways books uplift. From charities using books to improve literacy and books that inspire joy, success and goodwill, to bookstores making positively impacting communities, and authors teaching writers how to better their craft. As an author, I’ve written over 23 books, some published and others on their way. My books range in from picture books to adult. Here’s some of my works for kids:
Organic Crafts: 75 Earth-Friendly Art Activities (Chicago Review Press). Parents, teachers, librarians, and caregivers looking for ideas on how to get children outdoors and instill in them a love of nature can find more than 75 creative crafts, games, and activities using objects that kids can collect from nature in this idea book. Children also learn how to be environmentally friendly and inspire others to protect nature.
The Ultimate Expedition (Highsmith Upstart). Take kids, young adults, and team members on a trip around the world. This game hits all the targets for team building fun and building collaboration. From exercises in raft-building to racing across the globe in search of hidden clues, Ultimate Expedition is designed to make learning fun and wildly engaging. Pre-cursor to the The Amazing Race and Ultimate Survival, this family friendly activity instills a sense in adventure in all who play.
Writing Hghlight? Picture in US Weekly, 2007 of Julia Roberts receiving my children’s book as a baby shower gift.
To learn more about my work, my writing and my upcoming books, follow me on Twitter, connect with me on LinkedIn And take note, I write under different pseudonyms.
But more about my baby, Books Uplift. Not only does this blog celebrate authors, readers and writers, but I wanted to create a space that was positive.
One that focused on uplifting readers, writers, authors and everyone associated with the books. You can’t get online these days without being pummeled with negativity, unkind reviews, harsh rhetoric and opinions. While everyone should have a voice, I remind, creating a book is not an easy undertaking. And while authors love their craft, they also work tirelessly to create a book that will transport and teach. So, thank you for your hard work and know that you are loved by Books Uplift.
Books Uplift is the place to celebrate authors, writers, publishers, publicists, reviewers, bloggers, readers, librarians, charities, bookstore owners and everyone who strives to promote literacy and the love of books. Thank you all!
Reach Out and Let’s Connect
Additional Writing Credentials include:
- Syndicated columnist, magazine editor and contributor, author of over 300 articles for local and national magazines including Forbes, Five Owls, LifeHack, Medium Career Builder, MSN Careers, LifeHack, WorkBuzz, Chicago Parent and Family Time Magazine;
- Book reviewer for School Library Journal for 8 years;
- Active member of the Author’s Guild and Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and founding leader of Chicago Northern Suburbs Chapter;
- Published author with Highsmith Upstart and Chicago Review Press and grateful that my books have been published all over the world and translated into several languages;
- Ghostwriter, corporate copywriter, content creator of book jackets & press releases, and contract publicist with Severn Publishing.