My Books and Writing Credentials
As an author, I’ve written over 23 books, some published and others on their way. My books range in genres from mystery and suspense to young adult and historical. Some of my Writing Credentials include:
- Syndicated columnist, magazine editor and contributor, author of over 300 articles for local and national magazines including Forbes, Five Owls, Career Builder, MSN Careers, LifeHack, WorkBuzz, Chicago Parent and Family Time Magazine;
- Book reviewer for School Library Journal for 8 years;
- Active member of the Author’s Guild and Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and founding leader of Chicago Northern Suburbs Chapter;
- Published author with Highsmith Upstart and Chicago Review Press and grateful that my books have been published all over the world and translated into several languages;
- Ghostwriter, copywriter of book jackets & press releases and contract publicist with Severn Publishing;
- Keynote speaker & presenter at conferences & companies.
- Please visit the writing portfolio of Kimberly Charleston Monaghan
Publisher: Chicago Review Press
If you’re looking for ideas on how to get children outdoors and instill in them a love of nature, you can find more than 75 creative nature crafts, games, and activities in this interactive book. The lessons and activities teach children to be environmentally friendly. *Featured as a baby shower gift for actress Julia Roberts in US Magazine 2007 & Referenced in Pregnant With The Stars by Renée Ann Cramer.
Publisher: Upstart/Highsmith Books
Discover a destination where pop culture, literature, geography and social studies blend to cultivate an exciting game of global proportions. It’s up to you and your team to fill your passport, unearth your route, conquer any challenges and find your way home in time to claim your prize. Paving the way for The Amazing Race, the Ultimate Expedition will take up to 10 teams on a journey around the globe.
Award-Winning Short Story
“I’d like to believe that I’m more than a friend and not just a caregiver but perhaps a bit more. This is what I strive for each day while I visit my clients. They have the unerring ability to give me so very much, if only I could somehow return the favor. (Read More)”