I love finding new resources to support my work as a writer. While sites that inspire are certainly subjective and there are many resources out there that are too numerous to quantify in this blog, here are some of my favorites:
- Writer’s Digest. The online and physical digest contains market updates, competitions and articles from editors, writers and publishers to name a few of the reasons it works. writersdigest.com
- Writer’s Market.The sister site to WD, this resource is stocked with all the latest news regarding submission openings, guidelines and editorial contacts and transitions. writersmarket.com
- The Creative Penn.Joanna Penn is an Award-nominated, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thrillers under J.F. Penn and also writes non-fiction for authors. thecreativepenn.com
- The Author’s Guild.As a member, I support this organization of published authors and find the weekly digests incredibly informative and a great way to connect with other authors. authorsguild.org
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators.Just like the aforementioned site, this one requires membership (but you don’t have to be published). It connects you with writers, authors and illustrators and local chapters where you can get involved. Yes, it’s aimed towards children through young adult but the resources within this site are great at helping you hone your craft for any genre. scbwi.org
I welcome your ideas, as many of you host your own sites that provide education and inspiration for writers. Post them here!
No comments yet.